Do you feel like you’ve tried everything to shed some weight? It may seem like every diet is a sham and it’s hopeless, and while many diets are ineffective and counterproductive, there are fast and safe ways to unload some of that extra baggage. We’re certainly not ones to shame any body type and these methods aren’t for everyone, but if you are struggling with weight loss, here are ten safe and fast ways you may be able to reach your goal.
10.Cut Down on Salt Feel like you’re nothing but a bloated mess? One of your issues could be heavy salt intake. While I understand the love for salt, it’s a big problem child when it comes to water retention. Ever eat bacon and just feel like a balloon for the rest of the day? That’s the salt content at work! Reducing your salt intake can help you not only reduce bloat and water weight but also make it easier to get leaner and more toned muscles.
9. Goodbye Soda! It’s sugary, it’s sweet, and it’s addicting, but soda is one of the leading causes of obesity. It’s so easy to drink a lot of it and the problem is, with each can of regular soda, you’re taking in a lot of calories, and consuming more sugar than you should in an entire day. According to FitDay.com, drinking two cans or glasses of soda per day can add up to an additional 35 lbs (kg) of fat per year. Sure, that’s a crude estimate, but you get the point. You could switch to a zero calorie, no sugar added soda pop, but that leads to a host of other issues that could fill their own Top 10 video. So try drinking ice cold water instead!
8. The Thermic Effect When you eat, your body requires energy to digest that food. Rather than try to partake in the madness of counting calories, you could shift your diet to include more foods that require more energy to digest, therefore reducing the number of calories absorbed with the meal. These foods are said to have what’s called a high “thermic effect,” or the use of energy to process food.
Foods with the highest thermic effect are lean proteins like chicken breast, game meats, fish, and egg whites.
7. Contrast Shower Oh yeah, seriously, kicking off your quick weight loss could be as easy as keeping clean! After your shower, remain under the water but keep fluctuating the temperature of it. Start with the water at about 104° F (40° C) and remain under it for about four minutes. Then turn it to a much cooler 73° F (22° C) and stay there for another 40 seconds, just enough to cool your body off. Repeat this process four times to help stimulate circulation and even increase your metabolism to kick off your loss of poundage.
6. Get Enough Sleep Of course we know it’s really difficult to do in today’s fast-paced world – just ask most of us at completebodycleanse.org, where many of our team members live on three to four hours a night – but when you get the right amount of sleep, your body cooperates with you. Sleeping the average seven to eight hours a night helps balance your leptin protein and ghrelin hormone levels, which are responsible for suppressing and increasing appetite, respectively. Lack of, or too much sleep can lead to lower levels of leptin and increased levels of ghrelin, meaning you’re likely to eat more.
5. Eat Natural Appetite Suppressants When it comes to weight gain, in many instances, it’s your appetite that does you in. Maybe yours is a little bigger than it should be, but don’t let that deter you from your weight loss progress. By eating natural appetite suppressants, you can combat your body’s desire for food. Foods like grapefruit, eggs, nuts, potatoes, dark chocolate, apples, and oatmeal are just a sampling of the options out there that can keep you satiated for longer periods of time.
4. Massage Those Limbs Can you break down your fat, improve blood circulation, and regulate your digestive system in a relaxing process? You bet you can! Several methods of massaging – including cupping, water, honey, and pinching – have been known to benefit weight loss and promote the breakdown of fat. If you can’t afford a salon massage, simply lie on your back and rub your naval clockwise with a warm hand.
Rub in a circle for about two minutes, increasing the size of the circle over time.
3. Go to a Sauna Not only will some of the things you see inspire you to get on the weight loss train, spending time in a sauna can start the process of shedding a few pounds. As your body heats up, it starts to work harder, pumping out sweat and increasing your circulation. As you sweat, you also reduce the amount of salt in your body, which decreases your bloat and water weight. A regular sauna schedule can help kick-start weight loss, just be sure to drink a lot of water to stay hydrated.
2. Start a Simple Exercise Routine I’m sorry, but you knew it was coming! I didn’t say these were “easy” ways to lose weight – just effective and efficient. Exercising is often key to steady and effective weight loss, so consider adding a simple routine to your day. Planks, push-ups, lunges, and squats are a good start at getting your body in shape fast. You can even jumble them all into a 4-minute plan that includes 60 seconds of squats, 30 seconds of push-ups, 30 seconds of mountain climbers, 60 seconds of lunges, and 45 seconds of jumps.
1. Long-Breath Exercise Discovered by actor Miki Ryosuke, this unique weight loss method allegedly helped him lose just over 28 lbs (13 kg) in mere weeks. The two-minute breathing exercise is simple and requires nothing more than a supply of oxygen… which… should be everywhere. Simply stand with one leg in front of the other and your weight transferred to your rear foot. For three seconds, inhale slowly, lifting your arms over your head as you do so. Then, exhale forcefully for seven seconds, but be sure to strain your muscles as you do so. And that’s it. You’re using oxygen to break down fat cells, something actually supported by medical professionals. Thanks for reading! And we wish you the best in your quest to shed that unwanted weight.
Have any other helpful suggestions for weight loss that’s fast and safe? Let us know in the comments below.