Foods to Burn Belly Fat-20 Delicious Foods That Help Fight Belly Fat
If you’re seriously trying to lose belly fat with foods, then you already know that eating the right foods is one of the most important pieces of the puzzle. These foods can be considered belly fat food burners.
With a proper diet plan, where you’re eating the right foods in the right amounts, you will strip off layer after layer of body fat and you’re going to be saying good-bye to that belly fat forever. These steps can be seen to help you lose weight quickly. You can learn more about various strategies to help you lose belly fat from this from the video below.
Eating the Right Foods is key to Using Foods to Burn Belly Fat.
However, if you’re eating the wrong things, you will only be setting yourself back further and further and with an improper diet plan, you will have to get used to loosening your belt notch after notch because your belly fat will be there to stay.
So to ensure that you aren’t making any mistakes with the food that you’re selecting, I want to go over the 20 best foods that you should be eating regularly to lose that belly fat for good.
- Avocados: The first food I want to start with is the avocado. Unlike other fruits that are loaded with carbs, avocados are full of healthy monounsaturated fats, specifically oleic acid. Avocados make a great nutrient-boosting breakfast item, when combined with eggs they also make a great post-workout snack. Avocados contribute good, unsaturated fat and are a good source of fiber, while the eggs provide high-quality protein that encourages muscle tissue repair and growth.
Another great thing about avocados that was discovered during a study from the Ohio State University at Columbus is that avocados help you absorb more carotenoids from fruits and vegetables, up to 15 times more to be exact.
So not only will avocados help you burn fat, but you will also be strengthening your immune system and absorbing more cancer-fighting carotenoids than ever.
2. Eggs: Next we have eggs. As I mentioned earlier, this is great to eat with avocados for breakfast. Eggs are great to incorporate into your diet plan because they’re high in protein, high in healthy fats and they can help you feel full for a very low amount of total calories.
Eggs are also one of the most bioavailable sources of protein out there, meaning that your body can very efficiently digest, absorb and assimilate the protein found in eggs.
Having a solid protein source like eggs in your diet will help prevent muscle loss while you eat less calories to create enough of a deficit to burn fat.
3. Berries: Let’s move on to one of the best fruits you can eat while trying to lose belly fat. Berries. Compared to most other fruits, berries are very low in carbohydrates while being full of vitamins and antioxidants. These antioxidants can help improve blood flow, delivering more oxygen to your muscles and your cells in general.
Ultimately this can help improve your workouts while assisting with the fat loss process. The best low carb berries to eat are blackberries, raspberries and strawberries.
Blueberries are going to be a bit higher in carbs. So to keep calories low, stick with the other three.Have some yogurt and berries before your workout to get those muscles ready for action!
4. Apple Cider Vinegar: The next food isn’t really a food but instead, it’s a drink that has been proven very effective in helping you fight that belly fat – apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar has been shown to help people lose weight and waist circumference. These aren’t the typical animal studies that you constantly see that don’t necessarily guarantee the same results for human beings. Instead these are human studies.
According to the website-verywellfit.com
A study was conducted in Japan on 155 obese subjects and for a 12-week treatment period. The participants were separated into three groups based on similar weight, BMI (Body Mass Index), and waist measurement.
During the test trial, the volunteers drank a 500ml beverage containing vinegar doses of 750mg, 1500mg or 0mg placebo. Apple cider vinegar (ACV) was selected because of it being more palatable. Food intake and exercise were strictly monitored and accurately recorded during the study.
Participants drinking the low and high dose of vinegar began showing positive results. During week four, test subjects decreased in weight, body fat percentage, and BMI compared to the placebo group. Waist measurements also decreased beginning week four and continued throughout the study period.
Those drinking the highest vinegar dose showed the greatest improvement. It appears drinking more could be better. The findings indicate higher acetic acid values favorable to burning fat more effectively and suppressing fat stores
Taken from Does Vinegar Burn and Reduce Body Fat?
It has also been shown to improve blood sugar spikes after meals and it could help increase fullness after a meal. In fact one study showed that taking apple cider vinegar with a high carb meal could result in people eating 200 to 275 less calories for the day.
Keep in mind you want to make sure that you dilute only one to two tablespoons of the apple cider vinegar in water. Don’t drink it straight up.
5. Tuna: Next, I have another high protein food for you and that’s tuna. Tuna is a very lean fish that’s pretty much entirely made up of protein. This makes tuna a great option to increase protein intake without increasing calorie intake too much.
The important thing is if you’re buying canned tuna, you want to make sure that you get the tuna in water, not oil. If you get the oil, then all the extra calories that you save from the low fat fish will be canceled out.
Fish in general is a great option for when you’re trying to burn fat. Even a higher fat fish like salmon, which is our next food that I want to go over. Salmon is loaded with high quality protein, health omega-3 fatty acids that will help lower inflammation as well as many important nutrients. It’s also very filling and contains iodine, which is an important nutrient for proper thyroid function to ensure that your metabolism is running optimally.
6. Green Tea: Next we have green tea, which is once again, it’s a drink that can help speed up your fat loss. Now don’t get me wrong. Sitting around drinking tea all day isn’t going to get you to lose your belly fat alone. However, green tea has a compound in it known as ECGC that has been shown in studies to help increase fat loss.
Three cups of green tea per day or a supplement with ECGC can help enhance your fat loss when combined with a proper diet and exercise program.
7. Leafy Green Vegetables: To have a proper diet plan, one of the number one foods that you should be eating that I should have actually started off with are leafy green vegetables. These include kale, brocolli, spinach, collard greens, arugula, Swiss chards and a couple more.
Green vegetables in general are a great way to decrease hunger and increase fullness. They are also not very calorically dense. Your stomach will be full from the volume as well as the fiber found inside leafy green vegetables for a very small caloric cost.
On top of that, they’re loaded with beta-carotene as well as plenty of vitamins and minerals.
8 Chicken breast: Moving on, we have a body-building staple food – chicken breast. Chicken breast, like tuna, is a very lean source of protein that leaves you feeling full for a small amount of calories.
Consuming more protein throughout the day like chicken breast, tuna, eggs, and salmon has been shown in studies to reduce cravings by 60 percent.
Reducing your cravings is a great way to prevent late night binge eating and that’s a huge portion of the battle for a smaller waistline.
9 Sweet Potatoes: Now that you have a couple good protein options, let’s talk about some great carb sources starting first with sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes have a relatively low calorie content and they’re slow digesting. So they’re going to keep you full for longer.
Another reason why sweet potatoes are great at keeping you full is because they have a high amount of dietary fiber, which takes up a lot of room in your stomach and prevents overeating.
10: Oatmeal: Oatmeal is another slow-digesting carbohydrate full of fiber that will leave your stomach feeling full. It also can help improve digestion, which may be very useful if you’re eating a high protein diet.
Even though oats are great, you have to be careful because not all oats are created equal. Flavored instant oats are full of added sugar and obviously that’s not going to help you lose very much fat at all. Try instead to get plain oatmeal and flavor it yourself with something like cinnamon.
11. Beans: Another great carb source for losing belly fat is beans. Beans are one of the highest protein plant-based foods available. So many people assume that it falls under the category of a protein source. However, even the highest protein beans like black beans will still contain a lot more carbs than protein. So they’re still primarily considered a carb source.
Regardless, they are a great carb source because they’re filled with fiber and protein. There are now a lot of bean-based products available that you can incorporate into your diet plan as well. Things like black bean pasta, bean potato chips as well as black bean burgers are all worth looking into, to make your diet more enjoyable and versatile.
12. Brown Rice: One last carb that I want to mention is my favorite carb to eat to help build muscle as well as to help burn belly fat. Just like the sweet potatoes and the oats, brown rice is slow digesting and full of fiber and it’s also full of something known as “resistance starch,” which can help boost the metabolism and burn fat. A half cup serving of brown rice contains 1.7 grams of resistance starch.
“People can burn up to 100 more calories a day when they eat whole grains versus fluffy white ones,”
says Samantha Cassetty, MS, RD, a nutritionist based in New York City.
13. Chilli Pepper: Moving away from foods high in carbs, the chili pepper is another great food to incorporate into your diet. Not only can eating chili peppers temporarily increase your metabolism, it also has great benefits for your appetite.
One study showed that eating just one gram of red chili peppers reduce appetite and increase fat burning than people who didn’t eat chili peppers regularly.
14 Grapefruit: Let’s move on to grapefruit. It’s no secret that grapefruit is recommended in many different fat loss diet plans. But does it really help people lose more weight or is it just another fad dieting strategy? Well, it turns out there was a 12-week long study done on 90 obese people in which they would eat half a grapefruit before their meals.
This actually did lead to a weight loss of 3.5 pounds and also improve insulin sensitivity. With less insulin resistance, it becomes easier to burn fat faster.
15 Soup: Another great food to reduce belly fat is soup. By having soup before your meals, it will help reduce the total amount you eat for the day. Of course it’s very important that you’re just not eating any random soup. Some soups are very high in calories and carbs and when you start adding things like croutons to your soup, you’re no longer looking at a meal that’s going to help you lose belly fat. Stick to low calorie options like vegetable, chicken or mushroom clear soup.
16 Protein Powder: Next we have another food that isn’t really food per se but can serve as a meal replacement and that’s protein powder. Even though you should always try to have real food over supplementation, protein powder can really help you out when you’re in a pinch and you have no time to actually prep a meal.
It’s also a great option to have after workout when you need a fast-digesting source of protein that can get into your bloodstream and your muscles to start the repairing process.
Another thing you could do with protein powder is make a protein shake directly before going out to eat with friends or family at a restaurant. This will significantly reduce your hunger and the total amount that you wind up eating at the restaurant.
17. Coffee: A great way to further reduce your hunger is to enjoy the appetite-suppressing effects of coffee. Coffee isn’t exactly a food. But it’s virtually an empty calorie beverage that reduces your desire to eat food.
Black coffee is best. But even if you add a little bit of cream or unsweetened almond milk, you will still experience the benefits without any downside.
Coffee is used as a staple by people that are trying to do intermittent fasting because it’s so great at suppressing appetite.
Most people don’t know that coffee also contains main antioxidants. One of these antioxidants is chlorogenic acid or CGA and it can actually increase your body’s use of fat for energy.
Research has also shown that CGA can slow the release of glucose and lower insulin resistance to prevent weight gain after eating a meal.
18 Asparagus: asparagus is next on my list. Asparagus is not only a great green vegetable that helps fill your stomach up and satisfy hunger, but asparagus has been shown to reduce bloating, especially around the midsection.
19 Peanut Butter: It’s also one of the lowest-carb vegetables available with only roughly half a gram of carbs per spear. The last food that you can incorporate more as a snack while trying to lose belly fat is peanut butter. Peanut butter is very filling and also has a good amount of protein.
However, regular peanut butter is still pretty packed full of calories and fat. Getting a dehydrated peanut butter like PB2 can help you cut the calories in half while still getting plenty of protein and maintaining that same familiar peanut butter taste. I actually like the taste of PB2 better than regular peanut butter.
20. Coconut oil: I regard coconut oil as one of the best belly fat food burners. Coconut oil contains some powerful fatty acids called medium chain triglycerides. MCT’s are metabolized differently as they have positive potent biological effects. Some researchers have shown that these types of fatty acids can make you feel so full that you eat up to 250 fewer calories per day. And it also helps to boost the number of calories that you end up burning per day. This basically means that coconut oil is very effective in helping you lose belly fat and removing some dangerous fats that tend to build up around your midriff. The point is that coconut oil will help you reduce your appetite, increase metabolism and also help you shed belly fat.
That’s it guys. I really hope this article has helped you out with understanding some of the food options that you can incorporate into your diet to lose belly fat.
If you enjoyed it, make sure you subscribe to this website and hit that bell icon, so you could be notified whenever I release more free fat loss tips and tricks just like the ones that you found in this article.
Also it’s important for me to mention that just eating any of these foods won’t necessarily result in losing belly fat unless the rest of your diet is on point.
To lose belly fat, you have to make sure that you’re on a diet that incorporates these foods, while giving you the right amount of calories and lowering insulin levels. If you’re serious about making a transformation and you want to take the next step and try a done-for-you approach that requires literally no trial and error on your part, Click the link below to access it.
Does Vinegar Burn and Reduce Body Fat?
Vinegar Reduces Body Weight, Body Fat Mass
What Is Coconut Oil? Whether It’s Healthy, How to Use It, and Everything Else to Know