Proponents of drinking lemon water have claimed that lemon water provides various health benefits including enhancing focus, increasing energy levels and helping you lose weight. But is it true? That’s what I’m discussing in this article. Water is generally a very low calorie beverage. So assuming you squeeze the juice from half a lemon into water, then each glass of lemon water, will be about six calories. For this reason, if you swap out higher calorie beverages like orange juice and soda for lemon water then this can be an excellent way to cut calories and help with weight loss. For example one cup of orange juice contains 110 calories and a 16-ounce or half liter bottle of soda contains 182 calories. Replacing even one of these beverages with a glass of lemon water could reduce your daily calorie intake by about 100 to 200 calories which is certainly enough to influence weight loss over time.
Drinking lemon water may boost metabolism. Studies show that drinking enough water can potentially help increase your metabolism and the amount of calories that you burn at rest. Researchers suggest that good hydration enhances the function of mitochondria which is a part of cells that help generate energy for the body. This in turn leads to an increase in metabolism. Drinking water has also been shown to increase metabolism by inducing thermogenesis which is a metabolic process where calories burned to produce heat. In one study, 14 participants drank 16 ounces or half a liter of water and found that it increased their metabolic rate by 30 percent for 30 to 40 minutes.
Another study looked at the effects of drinking water in 21 overweight children. Now drinking 3 ounces of water per pound of body weight which was 10 milliliters per kilo, increased metabolism by an impressive 25 percent. Research on lemon water specifically is limited but because the main ingredient is water it is believed that It carries the same metabolism boosting properties as regular water. Lemon water can make you feel fuller. Drinking more water is often recommended as an important part of any weight loss regime. That is because it helps create a feeling of fullness and satiety without adding any extra calories. The 2008 study looked at the effects of water on calorie intake in 24 overweight and obese older adults. The study revealed that drinking 16 ounces or half a liter of water before breakfast decreased the number of calories consumed in the meal by 13%. Other studies have found the same thing. So drinking lemon water or any low-calorie water including plain water can be an effective way to reduce calorie intake. Lemon water is not necessarily better than regular water. Lemon water does have its benefits from promoting hydration to increasing feelings of fullness so you eat fewer calories. However, it’s important to note that these benefits all come from its main ingredient-water. Lemon water does contain trace amounts of additional nutrients from the lemon juice such as vitamin C and antioxidants to provide some health benefits.
The Effects of Drinking Lemon Water
What happens when you drink lemon water? This little yellow fruit has so many wonderful uses that you’ve probably never heard of. Do you know what happens to your body when you drink a glass of warm lemon water every morning? Try it out starting tomorrow. The results will impress you in less than a month.
Here’s an ultimate list of 10 health and beauty benefits of Lemon water. Number 10 will definitely make you say wow and change your morning Routine forever.
1.It improves your digestive health: It’s often said that a healthy digestive system is the cornerstone of good health. Lemons are a primary source of Pectin fiber which is necessary for good bowel movement. Thus, a glass of warm lemon water acts as a kick-starter for your digestive system, reminding it to eliminate accumulated waste from the previous day.
- It keeps the right balance of minerals in your body: Before energy drinks rehydration salts and glucose electrolyte solutions flooded the market.
Lemon water was used as a highly efficient dehydration treatment. When we exercise we lose minerals including sodium, potassium and chloride through sweat. Drinking water alone will rehydrate you, but if you had a few slices of lemon it will speed up the process of rebalancing the minerals in your body.
- Lemon water improves your eyesight: You remember being told as a child that eating carrots would make you see in the dark. Well there’s a new manager in town. As a citrus fruit, lemons are packed full Vitamin C and antioxidants. They work together to form an effect against cataracts and macular degeneration. It’s time to make some lemon water.
- It makes your skin soft: Now this one seems like it should be no-brainer. We all know that staying hydrated and drinking plenty of water is the number one thing you should do for your skin. You should turn that water into lemon water and you’ll get skin softening benefits. Lemons contain powerful antioxidants, so that you’ll notice a decrease in blemishes and wrinkles. You will gain a smoother healthier looking skin also as result of its detoxifying benefits.
- Lemons are your livers best friend? Keeping your liver happy is one of the most important things you can do for your overall health. Drinking Lemon water can help your liver function at a tip-top shape as well as flushing out toxins by enhancing the enzyme function. The citric acid found in lemons helps dispel harmful Bacteria. The skins of lemons are rich in potassium. We all know about bananas and potassium. However, did you know that lemons are also high in this essential mineral or that it has the third most abundant mineral in the human body? Its importance is often underrated. Drinking Lemon water will help to ensure optimal heart, brain, Kidney and muscular function.
7 A lemon a day keeps the doctor away: Well sort of. Those who drink lemon water every day tend to experience fewer colds. Lemons are rich in Vitamin C. which is the undisputed defender against viral infections and immune system weaknesses?
8 It’s an inflammation buster: Inflammation is an essential component of serious illness. It’s been linked to excess acidity in the body. Lemon water decreases your body’s acidity levels which in turn assists your body in removing harmful Uric acids which might cause inflammation. It also maintains PH perfection. Lemons are acidic by nature, but you might be surprised to learn that once absorbed into the bloodstream, lemon water has an alkalizing effect on the body tissue. Why is this a good thing? We need acid to aid in the digestion of food. We should balance our body’s PH levels. Too much acid leads to diseases from high cholesterol to diabetes.
9 It boosts your metabolism: If you want to lose weight naturally and change your diet, lemon water is the perfect addition. Lemons Contains Pectin fiber so they can help you increase your metabolism and reduce hunger cravings.
- You’ll step away from the coffee: Many of us rely on our morning coffee for a booster shot of energy which makes us feel super productive until about 10 a.m. when the mid-morning slump sets in. If you replace your morning coffee with a cup of warm lemon water for just 2 weeks you feel so alert and refreshed. Haven’t you started drinking lemon water yet? Go to the kitchen and make a glass of this magical drink right now?
THIS SIMPLE 2-INGREDIENT DRINK REALLY WORKS A MIRACLE FOR WEIGHT LOSS! There isn’t a person in the world that does not want a slim and healthy looking body. However, in order to achieve all this you have to exercise a lot and consume plenty healthy foods. Luckily for most people, there are foods and supplements that have the ability to cut down fat thereby, assisting you in acquiring the most designated aim-a slim and healthy body.
I shall present you a magical powder that will efficiently cut your belly and hip fat. The usage of this powder should be on regular basis if you want to lose the unwanted excess fat thus making you slim. The magic powder is called baking soda. Sodium bicarbonate or baking soda has amazing alkalizing powers, thereby assisting in proper food digestion. Likewise, it will prevent clogging of food particles and hinder fat deposits. Moreover, baking soda is an ideal cleanser which will successfully remove waste material and excess fat from your body.
Clean filtered drinking water
Preparation: It is advised to dissolve half-teaspoon to 2 teaspoons of baking soda in an 8-ounce glass of water, and then consume it on an empty stomach before going to bed. You need to take pure baking soda, and above all you have to consult your physician prior taking this compound especially if you suffer from hypertension as baking soda is considerably high in salt. Furthermore, you can combine 1 teaspoon of baking soda with 1 cup of water and include few drops of lemon juice in it.
You need to stir the solution nicely until the baking soda is completely dissolved. For optimal results, drink this solution every morning on an empty stomach, 20 to 30 minutes before having your breakfast. It will provide you with excellent results and reduce your excess weight effectively.