Having a high metabolic rate is a great thing because not only are you burning more calories, it makes it 10 times easier to lose weight and keep it off. And the best part, you can boost your metabolism completely naturally and for free just by changing a couple of things in your lifestyle. Let’s hop into it. See, I, for example I have a very fast metabolism.
And I tend to burn calories pretty quick. For example, just for me to maintain my weight, I’m around 160lb right now, I must eat around 3,500 calories a day. In case you don’t know, that’s a lot of food. But that brings me to my first fact, you need to eat more protein. Eating more food can cause a spike in your metabolism, which is known as a thermic effect of food or TEF.
TEF usually occurs because your body needs to digest, absorb and process the new food you just took in. Protein causes the highest spike in TEF, boosting your metabolism anywhere from 10 to 30%. The second thing you want to do to boost your metabolism is just lift heavy. That’s because muscle is more metabolically active than fat.
A good metabolism is something everyone wants to have. Fortunately, this is something easy to fix. You probably already know that good eating habits and regular exercise will help speed up your metabolism. Apart from that, there are some habits you probably have never thought of which can help you lose weight faster:
- Turn your screen’s brightness down and turn off lights before going to bed –Excessively bright screens interrupt melatonin production — the sleep hormone. Because of this, you may suffer from insomnia.
Your metabolism will be lower, and your body will produce a stronger hormone, leptin. So, many people who suffer from insomnia are very hungry. Reduce the amount of light in your home and lower the brightness on your cell phone, and computer screens to the minimum: You’ll sleep like a baby.
And of course sleeping like a baby is good for you that goes beyond increasing your metabolism
- Get used to the cold — One of the ways to make your body work to lose weight is by lowering the temperature in your room, to about 20 degrees Celsius (68 °F), or just leave the window open. Recent studies have shown that cold stimulates “good” fat production, which helps your body try to warm up, thus burning off “bad” fat. Furthermore, your body uses more energy to balance your body’s temperature when it’s cold.
- Consume extra virgin olive oil–The fats in olive oil are not only healthy, but they also help you to feel less hungry. Only use extra virgin olive oil, since that is the healthiest kind.
- Don’t torture yourself with exercise– Forget the strenuous routines that last hours: Scientists have discovered that people who do short, intensive workouts (5 repetitions of 30 seconds), burn about 200 calories more! Quick and efficient: isn’t it a dream? So, if you take a few minutes to stimulate your metabolism, the results will show up in no time. On the other hand, if you work out like crazy, you might give up faster.
- Add mustard to your food– The scientists at the Oxford Polytechnic Institute in England discovered if you eat one teaspoon of mustard a day, it quickens your metabolism up to 25% for several hours after its consumption. This is great for people who like mustard!
- Try matcha tea– Japanese matcha tea is a real find for anyone
- who wants to improve their metabolism and health. People who know this drink guarantee that it is just as good as 10 cups of green tea (which is also great for speeding up your metabolism). And furthermore, it also contains a high concentration of antioxidants.
- Try aromatherapy sessions– Essential oils aren’t magic, but they can help quicken your metabolism, reduce your appetite and improve both your digestion and your mood. You can also add essential oils to your body lotion or smell aromatic candles. The recommended oils are: mint, grapefruit, bergamot, cinnamon, lemon and ginger.
- Smile and laugh more– It’s funny, but smiling and laughing not only improves your mood, it also helps you burn calories. Scientists have found that laughing for as much as 10 minutes per day, can burn energy and improve health.
A study showed a 10 to 20% increase in energy expenditure (calories burned) and heart rate during genuine laughter. This translated to an increase of 10 to 40 calories burned within 10 to 15 minutes of laughter. Do you already follow some of these tips? Tell us your opinion.
HOW TO INCREASE METABOLISM WITH 10 SUPER DRINKS
10 super drinks to speed up your metabolism– If you’re looking for a natural way to lose those extra pounds or detox your body, we have a solution These 10 fantastic drinks are doctor recommended and also delicious! Each recipe contains a secret ingredient marked by a star that will help you lose weight naturally and quickly. These ingredients boost your metabolism and tone up your body, so as a result you burn more fat and get in shape easier.
Strawberry Smoothie – This drink strengthens your muscles. You need to consume more protein and this milkshake increases your protein intake. Plus, strawberries activate your metabolism. Make it by adding to your blender 1/2 litre of milk, a cup of strawberries, a half cup of oats, 1 cup of light natural yogurt and a quarter cup flaxseeds. Blend everything together and enjoy the flavor and benefits of this great drink.
Have you already tried it? How did it work for you? Let us know in the comments below.
Fruit Smoothie– This drink is very delicious as it contains a combination of of fresh Grapefruit, which is a widely used fat loss ingredient. You make it by adding to a blender two squeezed grapefruits, two slices of pineapple, one cup of raspberries and a half glass of water. Blend everything together and your smoothie is ready to drink.
Honestly, this is one of the best fat burning recipes ever. Give it a try and the results will impress you in less than a month!
Chia seeds and Lemon water — Chia seeds are excellent for detoxifying and cleansing your body. Along with lemon, this drink will help you reach your weight loss goals and additionally provides you with a boost of energy. You’ll need one spoonful of Chia seeds, juice half a lemon and a glass of water. Mix all the ingredients and let the mixture set for 10 minutes. It’s a perfect morning drink that you can drink hot or cold. Chia seeds are a great source of natural antioxidants, and they also help you lose weight.
Ginger Lemonade — Ginger is one of the foods that strengthens your immune system and speeds up your metabolism. As a result, your digestive processes will occur faster than usual, which helps you burn calories and lose weight. You make it from the juice of three lemons and a little ginger. Infuse these ingredients in hot water when the ginger tea is cool, add in some lemon juice and a bit of honey.
You can drink this throughout the day whenever you feel the need, and it will help you lose weight, especially if you add some cardiovascular exercises.
Apple Smoothie — Apples are great for detoxifying and energizing your body. They’re high in pectin, which reduces the amount of fat your cells can absorb. Make it by adding to a blender a cup of light natural yogurt, one apple, one tablespoon of honey, half a cup of almonds, some cinnamon and a half liter of skim milk.
Blend everything together and your healthy drink is ready to serve! This drink will strengthen your muscles and help you burn fat.
Green tea spice infusion-This green tea infusion has lots of incredible health benefits. Make it by preparing a cup of green tea, then add some honey, a pinch of cayenne pepper and a tablespoon of ground cinnamon. Green tea, pepper and cinnamon speed up your metabolism and honey detoxifies your body. Trust me! This works wonders!
Chocolate –This drink is perfector increasing your consumption of protein naturally. To make it, add to a blender some unsweetened chocolate or cocoa powder, some skimmed milk, 1/2 cup oats, 1/4 cup of Amaranth, half a tablespoon of coffee and some honey. Blend everything together and enjoy! It’s quite tasty and boosts your metabolism.
Coconut water and coffee—All you need to make this is coconut water and coffee. Coconut water can be drank directly from the coconut and black coffee helps speed up your metabolism and burn fat faster. You can drink these in the morning right after you wake up, after breakfast or before exercising.
Green Smoothie Drink—In order to make this drink, you need to mix in a blender half a slice of pineapple, a slice of cucumber, a stalk of celery, a medium slice of eggplant and a middle-sized radish. This miracle drink will also help you cleanse out your digestive system. Below is another recipe for an excellent green smoothie drink.
Grapefruit and Apple Cider Vinegar– This one is very simple to make! The benefit is that it regulates blood sugar levels, flushes out toxins and burns fat like crazy. To make it you need a cup of grapefruit juice, 1 tablespoon of Apple Cider vinegar and a 1/2 cup of mint tea. Drink a glass before each meal for the best results and be sure to pick the best quality apple cider vinegar you can find.