A low metabolism can make you gain weight easily. A fast metabolism on the other hand enables you eat what you want and still makes gaining weight a lot difficult. Below are some of the ways you can speed up your metabolism.
1. Be more active – If you take two people that eat exactly the same food at the same time, with one gaining weight whilst the other does not, more often than not the person that does not gain weight has a faster metabolism. Being active increases the amount of muscle you have, which in turn will speeds up your metabolism. Do more activities in your daily life, more walking, dancing, housework, aerobic exercise etc.
2. Eat little and often – there’s evidence that eating small, regular meals say 5 to 6 times throughout the day, rather than the usual two or three large meals, can greatly help to keep your metabolism speed up. It is interesting to note that around 10 percent of the calories we use each day go on digesting and absorbing food – this shows the more times you eat, the greater the impact it would be on your weight loss efforts
3. Eat early- To make sure you speed up your metabolism, eat breakfast every day. This is a great way to ensure your metabolism gets off to an early start. Your metabolism is at its highest in the morning, then When you are asleep, your metabolism goes into slowdown mode – by eating breakfast you let your body system know that you are up and active. If you skip breakfast, your body stays in panic mode and stay there for a few hours. It will hold on to any fat you have got as a means of survival. Also, people who skip breakfast tend to eat more calories throughout the day.
4. Increase your intake of antioxidants. These antioxidants fight free radicals that damage our cells and make us fat. These foods also speed up metabolism. You can find anti-oxidants in berries, green tea, mangosteen fruit, and grapes.
5. Start taking supplements- Supplements such as Magnesium, Chromium, Green Tea Extract, Pinnothin, CLA, Citrus Aurantium Extract, Guarana Extract. Vitamins and minerals can help speed up your metabolism naturally when taken daily
The above supplements all promote energy and combat stress when trying to lose weight. These ingredients have been shown to enhance the burning of fatty acids for energy, regulate ATP (energy) production, and enhance the assimilation process of other consumed nutrients.
6. Eat fat burning foods. There are many foods that can burn fat and make you lose weight easily. Fat burning foods to lose weight and speed up your metabolism include raw foods, virgin coconut oil, ginger, organic cocoa powder, flaxseed oil. Foods with high fibre reduce fatty tissues in the body. Also add chilli pepper to your food that will help burn the fat in your body by increasing circulation.
7. Have a sauna – being very hot is also thought to boost metabolism by about 20 percent. Make sure you don’t do this if you are suffering from any major disease or are pregnant. If you combine it with skin brushing you will experience proper functioning of the organs, enhance the body’s ability to breathe and increases blood circulation to underlying tissues and organs. They also stimulate the detoxification of waste material from the cells near the surface of the body.
8 Take regular cold showers-get in the habit of taking cold showers. Not only will it teach you discipline and courage, it will also activate brown fat in your body which is literally a “fat burning machine” not to mention many other benefits.