Master Cleanse recipe has been around for a very long time but it has been reinvented for modern times. Although it is a tried and tested recipe, modern versions are now more attuned to healthy alternatives than the 1950s and 1970s versions. As there are various versions, the version we use for our clients is given below.
#1 (single serving):
– Juice of 1 lemon and 1 lime
– 2 Tbsp Genuine Organic Maple Syrup
– 1/10 Tsp Cayenne pepper (red pepper)
– 16 oz. glass of room temperature water
While many people find out about the Master Cleanse through nutrition books, it is now available on the Internet, and you may encounter dozens of different recipes and ingredient recommendations.
The Master Cleanse recipe has a basic formula that starts with a mixture of purified water, cayenne pepper powder, freshly squeezed lemons or limes, and grade B maple syrup. At first glance, the thought of this mixture may be out of the ordinary, but many who have tried the Cleanse find it very appetizing. Each ingredient contributes its own flavor and purpose to the mix. Below i give the run down of the ingredients
- Water: Water is the base of every bodily function. It is an essential part of the cleansing process and it is necessary to maintain good health. Since the Master Cleanse is a liquid diet, water is the foundation. Best use water that is room temperature.
- Organic Lemons: Lemon or lime juice (We use both) is mostly responsible for the nutrients found in the Master Cleanse diet. Lemon juice has been used to cleanse the body for a long time. It also provides vitamin C, which is essential for detoxing. The principle of the Master Cleanse diet is that you are only putting good or healthy elements in your body, and none of the bad or toxic elements
- Grade B Maple Syrup: This is not the maple syrup that you pour over you pancake. Organically made Grade B maple syrup is why some people call this the “maple syrup diet.” Maple syrup is responsible for your calorie intake in the diet as well as nutritive properties like B vitamins. It provides your body with the energy and protein needed on a daily basis and also adds flavor to the lemonade. In the alternative you can use black strap molassses.
- Cayenne Pepper Powder: Cayenne pepper has many functions. It boost circulation tremendously. It moves blood. It is spicy due to the ingredient called capsaicin. The capsaicin helps with digestion, cleansing, detoxing and curbing appetite. It helps people on the diet to go without food because it curbs a person’s appetite and cravings for food.